Monday, March 3, 2008

Dress for Success

Last week on one of my favorite TV shows, Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, Agyness Deyn, the new model-of-the-moment (who happens to be from North Manchester and is a real cutie) was interviewed. At one point she said something like "don't save your best for best", meaning don't keep your best clothes for only special occasions. At first this didn't really resonate with me, but over the last week or so, I've begun to take it to heart. Since coming to the UK, and because I'm not yet working, my wardrobe of work and dress clothes has remained pretty much untouched. I hadn't realized that not putting effort into dressing has had an insidious, deleterious effect on my outlook. But by taking some care, it's a bit like that expression "today is the first day of the rest of your life", and I've been experiencing an opposite, upbeat and expansive effect. Thank you Agyness, I am now happily dressing myself up every day, even if it's only to go food shopping or to the gym!

No comments: