Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Anglophiling

Ever since I was a kid, I loved all things English (P.G. Wodehouse, T. Rex, my 'Hylas and the Nymphs' poster), and now I live in England so it's kind of like a dream come true. But even while living here, I enjoy being transported to other times if no longer places... I just finished reading The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory, based on the life of Mary Boleyn, sister to Anne Boleyn, second wife to King Henry VIII.

Before leaving for the UK, I had some check-ups done and my dermatologist, upon hearing of my love adventure to a new land, suggested I read this novel. For one reason or another I just recently got into it. Now I hear a movie version is about to be released so I need wait only a couple weeks to see this fun and fascinating book played out on the big screen! Popcorn anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Robin:
I share with you your love for things English....both people and places. I have fond memories of our numberous trips to England.... Both with you and Fred and also just Mom and I. I am so interested in reading about your visits to various places.... especially Manchester (as you know I am just a big city boy) Love, Dundee

Robinivy said...

How true Dundee. Remember our first trip abroad was to London and Freddie took a million pix in Trafalgar Square (mostly lying on the ground to get just the right angle!)? And then you and GG lived like natives (puttering around on your scooter) in Islington during her sabbatical?