Sunday, September 30, 2007

Internet Explorer

Everyone talks about how the internet and technology are making the world a smaller place. A couple of things happened to me this week which made me realize that, although the internet may be the vehicle, it's really who we are and how we use it which brings us together. A heady concept, but really just an excuse to mention these two events...

Jack, Andrew's dad, die-hard Wiganer, forwarded an email to me with a slide show link of beautiful photos of the 50 States framed inside a cutout shape of the U.S. Topped off with background music from "Oh Beautiful", it was corny but a sweet reminder of home.

Then yesterday, I went to a workshop from the Manchester Literature Festival called, "So You Wanna Be a Blogstar". Turns out one of the instructors was originally from New York City!! Apparently, the only two Americans in the UK Northwest were in the same room at the same time. Man, life is good.

2 comments:

weenie said...

The world is indeed small.

I recently found that my friend from uni recently moved into an apartment next door to my sister....in Hong Kong!

Hope you have life has settled for you in Wigan - can you understand their accent yet? :-)

lisa lipani said...

rob, i love the stuff you're doing over there! i want your life...wanna trade for a bit? i'll pop over and take a blog class and check out your theater, and you can come to upstate new york and raise my teenage son!