Saturday, May 10, 2008

Americans Abroad

While this isn't a political blog and I have no intention of musing daily about political issues, I did feel good about attending a Democrats Abroad gathering in Manchester the other week. Dems Abroad is the "official Democratic Party organization for some six million American citizens who live outside the United States". This gathering, which they call a "Speakeasy", is really just a chance for the handful of Americans living in the Manchester area to come together and talk politics or just wax nostalgic about home. I dragged Andrew and his son, who's currently studying poly-sci in college, along with me so this added a cool dual-national dimension. It makes for more interesting conversation plus I just love to mix it up! As for the election, I'm excited for the changes coming and look forward to voting in November by absentee ballot from the UK!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just checked out your recent blog and am interested in knowing how much coverage there is in the UK regarding the curring political campaign. The Tv news here is just full of everything the candidates say on any given topic each day. Plus they all appear on the late night shows and I just saw McCain on Ellen's afternoon show. She asked if he would like to give her away at her upcoming wedding. Ha! More like entertainment