Sunday, October 21, 2007

I would love to visit one now


On one of my recent excursions through the Lancashire countryside with Jack, while observing the ubiquitous public footpath signs, I was reminded of the also ubiquitous onsen, or natural hot spring baths, in Japan. I remembered hearing or reading that there are so many onsen in Japan, if you wanted to visit a different one every week, it would take you 40 years! I wonder then, how many UK public footpaths could you traverse each week before exhausting them all (and yourself)? So what is unique, interesting and "ubiquitous" where you live? For the U.S., the great American Diner came to mind, where you're served unlimited coffee refills and can order just about anything available on earth. But what about your city, town, hamlet?

2 comments:

lisa lipani said...

The photo of the American diner is making me hungry. I LOVE diners and have been accused of frequenting them too often...mostly by people who are envious of my life style:) I am diner queen and my daughter is diner princess.

Anne S said...

Ilive in Queens NYC... (Where Robin lived before her big move to Wigan!)... It is so ehtnically & culturally diverse... It's amazing!
Riding the subway on any day you can see people from all corners of the planet!... Wow!