Friday, August 31, 2007

No, not Punch & Judy...


My initial curiosity was piqued at a local bookstore where they had a section called "Richard & Judy's Picks". When I enquired, I learned that these were the book recommendations of daytime TV talk show hosts Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan (similar to Oprah's Book Club). Anyway, Richard & Judy have one of the most popular shows in the UK and they've been on TV together since 1988. I recently found the show while TV surfing (one of my important daily activities) and wasn't too impressed until I later learned that these two are married.. to each other!! Not only are they married but, at a distance, she looks as if she could be his... much older colleague! At first I was shocked and then fascinated... now I'm just obsessed. Check them out!

3 comments:

seniorurbanista said...

I would be interested in knowing the books that they recommend. Keep me posted...maybe I could check out the books and we could share our opinions via this blog. Luv, M

Robinivy said...

good idea. here's the website: richardandjudybookclub.co.uk. Their summer read winner is The House at Riverton by Kate Morton. Cyber book club anyone?

Anonymous said...

Now that you have self identified as a popular culture systems analyst, I wonder if you can fill us in on the state of the film industry in the UK. Who is recommending what to whom? Is there a British version of Roger Ebert? BTW saw an interesting film last weekend "This is England" - a somewhat disturbing account of the period of time in mid-80s. Recommended.